Your Baby's First Year
is the first in a series of CDs by the award-winning program Family Album Radio at the University of Florida IFAS. Designed to help families welcome their newest members, Your Baby's First Year
contains 32 research-based, friendly, informal, and interesting episodes dealing with parenting, nutrition, and childcare issues.
A few of the 32 segments included are:
- Learning starts at birth
- Understanding your baby's cries
- Handling stress with a new baby
- Dads are important to babies too!
- Safe sleep for your baby
- Protecting your baby from the sun
- Water safety for your family
- Bottle feeding vs. breast feeding: An emotional decision
- When to introduce solid foods
- Starting child care
- Child care safety
Family Album Radio celebrates families and their members in all their diversity--young and old, single, married, and divorced, with and without children. University of Florida faculty from the Department of Family, Youth and Community Sciences and IFAS Extension develop these programs based on current research, and scrutinize every script to ensure the most up-to-date, unbiased, and accurate assessment of family life issues. Please visit the Family Album Radio Web site at "http://www.familyalbumradio.org"